In additional to specific NIH Institute/Center (IC) funding opportunities, NIH participates in several partnerships and trans-NIH initiatives. Here are a few that may provide funding for international research:
Several countries have signed memoranda of understanding with the U.S. to foster collaboration between NIH and their respective health ministries. The following links to country or region specific programs at the ICs may include your country of interest.
- Asia: FIC (East, South), NIAID
- Bangladesh: NIAID
- China: FIC, NCCAM, NIAID
- Japan: FIC, NCI, NEI, NIAID, NIAID, NINDS
- India: FIC, NIAID, NICHD and NICHD
- Pakistan: FIC
- South Korea: FIC, NIAID
- Thailand: FIC, NIAID
- Vietnam: FIC
- Europe: FIC, European Union and NIH Collaborate
- Latin America and the Caribbean: FIC, NIDA
- Middle East and North Africa: FIC, NCI
- Sub-Saharan Africa: FIC, NIAID
Note: For help accessing PDF, RTF, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, RealPlayer, Video or Flash files, see Help Downloading Files.