NIH Reminds Applicants to Use Updated Electronic Application Forms (FORMS-C) for F, K, T and D Submissions with Due Dates on/after January 25, 2014
Notice Number: NOT-OD-14-027
Update: The following update relating to this announcement has been issued:
- January 30, 2014 - See Notice NOT-OD-14-045. NIH Reminds Applicants to Use Updated Electronic Application Forms (FORMS-C) for F, K, T and D Submissions with Due Dates on/after January 25, 2014 - Correction.
Release Date: November 27, 2013
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
This notice announces that applicants targeting due dates on or after January 25, 2014
MUST download and use a new version of the SF424 (R&R) application packages for the following programs:
- Individual National Research Service Awards (Fs)
- Individual Research Career Development Award Programs (Ks)
- Institutional Training and Career Development Programs (Ts) and Other Training Grants (Ds)
Application Form Changes
The new packages will be identified with a Competition ID of FORMS-C and will include the form changes documented at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/ElectronicReceipt/files/FORMS-C_Changes.pdf.
- The PHS 398 Career Development Award Supplemental form has a new "Letters of Support from Collaborators, Contributors, and Consultants" attachment that will not be subject to a system-enforced page limit.
- The PHS 398 Training Subaward Budget Attachment form allows for up to 30 subaward budget attachments consistent with the R&R Subaward Budget Attachment form.
- Inclusion data now collected in new Planned Enrollment Report & Cumulative Inclusion Enrollment Report forms rather than attachments to existing PHS 398 Career Development Award Supplemental and PHS Fellowship Supplemental.
Additionally, the "Reference" form used with Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Individual Fellowship applications for the submission of reference letters will no longer be required. Applicants can submit reference letters in whatever format they choose as long as the requested information is included.
- All F, K, T and D submissions for due dates on or after January 25, 2014 must use the new application forms. Applications submitted using incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
- Research Training (T), Career Development (K) and Fellowship (F) Parent Announcements will be reissued under new Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) numbers. All other active F, K, T and D FOAs will be updated to include a FORMS-C package with the existing announcement (i.e., no FOA number change). NIH is making every effort to have the new FOAs and packages in place 45-60 days prior to the first due date that falls on/after January 25, 2014.
All applicants should carefully read the FOA and the appropriate “C Series” Application Guide for program-specific instructions before completing their application.
- For the January 7, 2014 AIDS due date, applicants should continue to use the ADOBE-FORMS-B packages found in the old Parent Announcements or that remain available in non-parent announcement.
- The new SF424 (R&R) forms will be identified by a competition ID of “FORMS-C”. The competition ID field is visible in the application header information and when downloading the application package from Grants.gov. Learn more about choosing the correct forms packages at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/ElectronicReceipt/files/right_forms.pdf.
Please direct all inquiries to:
Office of Extramural Research
National Institutes of Health
Weekly TOC for this Announcement
NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices